Saturday, March 20, 2010

Radio-Star suffered a stroke



Cologne - a shock to all music and radio fans in the Rhineland: rock legend Frank Laufenberg (63) suffered a stroke, was paralyzed for days unilaterally.
In addition, the loss of the speech threatened - for the radio man the abrupt end of a 40-year period.
On his homepage, lined up the speedy recovery: "Everyone needs to be small, against the person to be healthy! See you soon bye "writes about Moni.
EXPRESS achieved Laufenberg in Baden-Baden. His voice sounds a bit weak, but happy: "I greet Cologne, I am an old Ehrenfeld," says Laufenberg. "I grew up in the Rothe House Road, because I recently met up with people I had not seen for 50 years!"
We hear: With the big man on the radio, the permanent presenter of the WDR, the television broadcast of 400 episodes from famous WWF Club (today's "cafeteria"), it's back up.
Almost over the shock seems as if he suddenly found again in the emergency room: "Somewhere in my body had a blood clot or a hardening solution, which penetrated into the brain. The doctor told me that this was a stroke. It's as if were simply deleted as part of a computer hard drive. "
He continued: "There can not imagine how fast to do it. Luckily, my wife Ingrid with me ... "
Ill effects: For days, Laufenberg was severely paralyzed unilaterally, any movement was impossible, or do only under intense pain. But it went ahead step by step: "I practiced running again, now everything has been going much better. Luckily I have not lost my voice. "
He had asked shortly after the initial shock, his doctor: "Doctor, can I still drink Kolsch?" The only grinned: "Dear Red. Better for the bloodstream. Since agents are inside, which protect the arteries. "
Even Saturday night from 22.10 clock Laufenberg will sit again in front of Studio 1-SWR micro and make his show. With the old, big hits such as "Sebastian" by Cockney Rebel. "Without my music I can not live this way ..."